Brain Imaging in the Information Age
Wednesday, March 16th, 2016
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Imaging technologies (MRI, PET, etc.) have revolutionized our ability to understand the brain, providing a clearer picture of how the brain is put together (structural imaging) and how it operates (functional imaging). Dr. Alan Evans will provide an overview of the past, present and future of brain imaging as a research tool and demonstrate how combining brain-scanning technologies with sophisticated computational modelling can provide hitherto inaccessible information about what is normal brain development and how this changes in the presences of ageing diseases and mental illness.
Facilitator: Julien Doyon, Ph.D, Scientific Director of the Functional Neuroimaging Unit, Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (IUGM) research center
Keynote Speaker: Alan Evans, PhD
- Co-Director & Primary Investigator, Ludmer Centre
- Director, McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (MCIN)
- James McGill Professor, Departments of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Biomedical Engineering, McGill University
- Director, Montreal Consortium for Brain Imaging Research
Panel: A panel of experts will discuss the impact brain imaging technologies are having on new research opportunities from neurological, psychiatric and corporate perspectives.
Panel member: pending confirmation
- Alain Dagher, MD, a neurologist, researcher & professor, MNI, McGill University
- Sherif Karama, MD, PhD, a researcher & professor in biological psychology, differential psychology, & emotion, MNI, McGill University
- Louis Collins, PhD, researcher & professor, biomedical engineering professor, neurology and neurosurgery, MNI, McGill University
- Barry Bedell, MD, PhD, researcher & professor, MNI, McGill University
Presentations will be in English.
Question & answer (Q&A) sessions will be in French and English.
Refreshments will be served.
Admission is free, but seating is limited.
Registration: Online. Click here to register.
Contact: Jesse Radz at 514-398-1248 or e-mail email@example.com
McIntyre Medical Sciences Building – Martin Theatre, 6th Floor
1200 avenue des Pins Ouest (Pine avenue west)
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1X1
Bus service: Bus #144 and #360; Stop # 52281: des Pins / Redpath; 1-minute walk
Metro: Green line, stop: Peel Station; 15-minute walk
Parking Options: Please note; on-street parking is available but limited. The fees below are indicative only and subject to change without notice.
- McGill – McIntyre, 3706 Rue Peel (bet. Doctor Penfield Ave-Pine Ave W); app. 10$; 5-minute walk
- McGill Parking – 3700 Rue McTavish (bet. Doctor Penfield Ave-Pine Ave W); app. 10$; 8-minute walk.
- Drummond Lot – Visitor outdoor parking lot, entrance via the lane next to Hosmer House, 3630 Prom. Sir William Osler or the lane behind 3605 Mountain; app. 10$; 5-minute walk.
- VINCI Parking – 3480 Rue Peel (bet. Rue Sherbrooke O-Avenue Du Docteur-Penfield; app. 7$; 10-minute walk.
Stay informed: To receive e-mail notifications of upcoming events and Ludmer Centre news, please send an e-mail with your name, organisational affiliation (if relevant), address and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org