Jean-Baptiste (JB) Poline, PhD
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI)
- Co-Chair, NeuroHub, MNI
- Chair, Technical Steering Committee, Canadian Open Neuroscience Platform (CONP)
- Primary Investigator, Ludmer Centre for Neuroinformatics & Mental Health
- Research Groups: Neuroimaging and Neuroinformatics
Area of Research
Among the early pioneers of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), today, Dr Poline is a leading researcher in the fields of fMRI, imaging genetics research, and the neuroinformatics technologies that make a big-data approach to neuroscience possible. His work in brain imaging methods, specifically fMRI, is advancing research in neurological and mental disorders by providing unique ways to explore the effects of genetic variations on brain structure, function, and connectivity.
A strong proponent of data sharing and publishing, he is a leading advocate for the collaborative development of the ethics, reproducibility, accreditation and interoperability standards required to facilitate data reuse and sharing. Dr Poline is also a leading contributor to the dialogue on the reproducibility crisis in scientific research.
Publications & Impact Profile
- Read his biographical sketch
- Visit his Google Scholar page for a list of publications
- Visit his Research Gate for ongoing research.
- Read our articles about his latest publications
- Subscribe to one of the Ludmer Centre’s social media sites for updates on his work.Follow
Contact: Montreal Neurological Institute & Hospital | 3801 University Street, WB 210, Montréal, QC, H3A 2B4, Canada | Telephone: +1 514 398-3956 | E-mail: email@example.com
Interviews and speaking engagements for Ludmer Centre researchers can be organised through the Ludmer Centre’s Administrative Director at info@LudmerCentre.ca or +1-514-265-3408.