Dr. Evans is a world-renowned authority on brain mapping through the use of imaging technologies. He heads the Canadian network for large-scale grid-processing of brain imaging data, CBRAIN ; developed a widely used web-access database software for neuroimaging research, LORIS; and founded Biospective Inc. He employs high-performance computing to integrate imaging, behavioural, genetic and epigenetic data in brain research, including neurological and psychiatric disorders. Information on Dr. Evans’ research team and latest projects can be viewed at the McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience.
- Co-Director & Primary Investigator, McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (MCIN)
- James McGill Professor, Departments of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, McGill University
- Director, Montreal Consortium for Brain Imaging Research
Impact profile: Dr. Evans is among the top 1% of researchers in Neuroscience and Behaviour (Thomson Reuters 2014) and the 2015 Chair-Elect of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
- Thomson Reuters Web of Science h-index: 116
- Google Scholar Profiles
- Total citations 92,847; 43,170 since 2010
- Total h-index 157; 109 since 2010
- Total i10-index 461; 358 since 2010
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
3801 University Street, Room WB2
Montréal, QC H3A 2B4
E-mail: alan(at) bic.mni.mcgill.ca